Aquabiotech was founded in 1989 by Hélène Drouin, Biologist, and Tony Pouliot, Ph.D.
Design and installation of freshwater & marine water recirculation systems for laboratories
Fields of expertise:
- Microbiology (biofiltration and nitrification)
- Freshwater and marine biofilter activation
- Fish nutrition and physiology
- Mechanical engineering
- Removal of suspended solids
- Chilling systems, heat exchangers
- Gas control
- Custom design of aquaculture research systems
- Design of aquaculture with high level of water recirculation
- Wet lab design
Strong points and advantages
- We guarantee high quality of water in our water recirculation systems
- Our fish rearing tanks incorporate a Feacal Trap that removes at least 80% of solids in a concentrated form
- Simulation of ammonia and CO2 production with oxygen consumption and CO2 degassing in al our closed systems
- Proven biotechnology for coating biofilters with active nitrifying bacteria. Our biofilters are delivered pre-activated with freshwater or marine nitrifying bacteria.
- AQUABIOTECH has grown 1 to 6 tons Atlantic salmon smolts for over 6 years in Pilot hatchery for constant evaluation and improvement of its rearing systems
- AQUABIOTECH factory tests its systems for hydraulic stability and specifications before delivery
- A team of professionals with long practical experience in aquaculture that offers excellent after-sale service
- Industry experience with long-term holding of lobster
- State-of-the-art electronic equipment for the environmental control and monitoring of aquatic and marine facilities.
10 000 pi2 of building for workshop, laboratory for physico-chemical analysis; pilot testing, administration, electronic laboratory