||University of New-Brunswick in Saint-John
||Saint-John, New-Brunswick, CANADA
||Dr. Rémy Rochette
|Type of rearing unit:
||TWO TIDE SYSTEM RECIRCULATING UP TO 99,9% OF THE WATER
Four aquariums filtered, cooled and heated independently. Each aquarium have a tide simulation system;
- At maximum flow rate (2 lpm), the 99.9% recirculation system requires no more than 0.12 litres of make-up water per hour.
- Recycled effluent passes through a rapid action cartridge filter (16 microns) to remove fine solids and dissolved organics.
- Degassing column (air intake included) for CO2 removing;
- A thermoelectric module maintains a temperature range of 5-25ºC, provided that air temperature is at 15ºC;
- The electronic digital temperature controller (Enviro-monitron) adjusts precisely (+0.1ºC) the water temperature.
- One electronic controllers Enviro-monitron (Tide version) control the Tide and the Temperature for two aquariums;
- The Tide simulation system consist:
- 1 water level sensor;
- 1 peristaltic pump (24VDC);
- Each aquarium is divided in two tanks: one experimental tank (front tank) and one tank to accumulate the water (rear tank);
- Capacity to regulate the water level from 3 to 56 cm;
- Capacity to choose if the tide begin at low water or high water:
- Capacity to choose duration between low and high water (300 to 420 min) and the number of consecutive flow.
On-site assembling, commissioning and training
Back to projects home page